The pine nut seeds are edible and having ivory in color with soft texture. It may be thin and long in shape. Pine nuts are the excellent source of vitamins, minerals, nutrients and mono-unsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) such as pinolenic acid, oelic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, vitamin E, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, pyridoxine, folates, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium
Health Benefits Of Pine Nuts
- Pine nuts are the good source of high calorie contents and mono-unsaturated fatty acids such as oelic acids that helps to reduce the LDL (Bad) cholesterol level to increase the HDL (Good) cholesterol level in the blood. These mono-unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins and nutrients are also present in Mediterranean diet, that helps to prevent the coronary artery diseases, strokes, heart attack and hardening of coronary arteries and helps to maintain healthy lipid blood profile.
- Pine nuts are the excellent source of vitamin E equivalent to almonds and the vitamin E is known as the powerful antioxidant which is lipid soluble and beneficiary for the repairing and maintenance of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin. It also provides protection against harmful oxygen free radicals.
- Pine nuts contains vitamin B complex like niacin, riboflavin and thiamin, that helps to speedup the testosterone levels in the men and increase the production of red blood cell and elevating mood by beating stress and anxiety.
- Pine nuts contains essential antioxidants, that helps to neutralize the free radicals causing cancer and good for promoting cardiovascular Health benefits.
- Pine nuts contains pinoleic acid, that helps to produced the useful appetite suppressing hormones when consumed. These hormones helps to curb your hunger pangs and tell the brain that the stomach is full, which helps to promotes easily and healthy weight lose. So it is good for weight loss.
- Pine nuts are rich in magnesium, that is required for the proper nerve and muscle functioning and essential in the conversion of blood sugar in to energy. It also helps to boost your immune system.
- The presence of calcium is required for building strong bones and healthy teeth, for proper function of the muscles, heart and nervous system.
- Iron in it helps to prevent anemia and carry oxygen to the other body parts. It also used to build red-blood cells and for repairing worn out cells.
- Potassium in it helps to maintain the body fluid, heart beat rate and regulate the blood pressure.
- Folate helps to promote healthy pregnancy and also used in the production of milk and protect from neural tube defect.
- Regular consumption of pine nuts helps to boost your sex drive, restore your libido and prevent pre-ejaculation.